The Invisalign Teen system, an alternative to traditional braces uses removable clear aligners to straighten teeth. Dr. Fishbein is the ONLY Pensacola Orthodontist that is both a Board Certified Orthodontist and Premier Provider of Invisalign treatment. Fishbein Orthodontics is also a leading provider of both Invisalign and Invisalign Teen treatment in the Pensacola area. Here are 10 things to know about Invisalign Teen.
- Clear – Perhaps the thing that makes them most unique is the fact that they are CLEAR. There are no brackets or wires to show, and your own smile shines through the clear aligners.
- Removable – They are not permanently attached. Each aligner (tray) is worn for 22 hours a day for about two weeks. They can be removed for that special photo and must be removed for eating, brushing, and flossing.
- Customized – It doesn’t get any more custom than this … Dr. Fishbein creates a treatment plan based on 3D scans of your teen’s teeth and bite. The teeth will gradually move with each set and the average number of aligners needed is between 18 and 30. The total treatment then averages 6 to 15 months depending on the case.
- Comfortable – The Invisalign trays are thin, smooth, and relatively comfortable as they move the teeth with slight pressure. There’s no tightening or adjustments as with traditional braces, and no uncomfortable metal brackets or wires to cause irritation.
- Dining Friendly – As we mentioned, the Invisalign Teen trays must be removed prior to eating. This means no dining restrictions. Those with traditional braces must refrain from eating sticky foods, hard rolls, hard fruit, corn on the cob, popcorn and so much more, but anything goes with Invisalign.
- Time Efficient – We care about your time. Once we have digital impressions, visits to Fishbein Orthodontics will be every 7 to 10 weeks and are usually 30 minutes or less. At Fishbein Orthodontics, you can even come in on Saturdays!
- Affordable – Dr. Fishbein understands that price is important, so not only does he offer Invisalign treatment for the same cost as braces, he also offers a number of payment plans and options. With many down payment and monthly payment options, along with a pay in full discount, he tries to make Invisalign a good choice for everyone.
- Self-Esteem Makers – Teens are two times more likely to have a boost in self-esteem wearing Invisalign clear aligners than with metal braces. With each set of new trays, you will be able to see an improvement in your smile. No waiting for a big removal day as with traditional braces.
- Compliance Building – Invisalign Teen requires patient assistance, in that they have to wear the trays as planned. Each Invisalign teen tray includes what are called compliance indicator tabs. These colored tabs indicate whether the patient is wearing their trays like they are supposed to. They fade with use and make patients more compliant to use the product.
- Activity Enabling – Teens that engage in team sports or other physical activity need not worry about brackets or wires getting in the way of play. The Invisalign Teen trays are a clean, smooth fit, and let them play their best.
We should also mention that we offer free replacement Invisalign trays (up to 6) if your teen loses or damages them somehow. We’ll also switch them out at no additional cost for clear braces if they don’t seem like the right choice for your teen’s lifestyle.
That’s a pretty good list of positives for Invisalign Teen and a reason to see Fishbein Orthodontics in the Pensacola area for orthodontic care!